Beginning today (Wednesday), the Gasconade County R-2 Athletic Department will move into phase three of returning to athletics and activities within the school district with the following …
Beginning today (Wednesday), the Gasconade County R-2 Athletic Department will move into phase three of returning to athletics and activities within the school district with the following conditions:
• July contact with students in grades 7-12 is allowed with no youth/fundraisers camps.
• Coaches and athletes will immediately wash their hands upon arrival to campus.
• Participants will be limited to 50 for indoor workouts and 100 for outdoor workouts.
• During open gyms/practice, separate participants in groups using different parts of our facilities with distancing between groups when possible.
• Locker rooms and water fountains are off limits with students providing their own water.
• Participants must leave the premises immediately following workouts.
• All shared equipment and balls will be disinfected prior and following each session. If coaches host more than one session, equipment and balls must be disinfected prior to each one.
• All conditioning shall be done in groups, there will be no shoulder to shoulder conditioning.
• Athletes cannot share any personal equipment, helmets, batting gloves, fielding gloves, etc.
• Full-contact drills and full squad practices will be allowed, including team camps/competitions with teams from other schools.
• At this time, our campus will remain closed to hosting events or competitions in which there are participants from outside the Gasconade County R-2 School District.
Weight room guidelines for July include:
• Limited to groups of 20-25 maximum in the weight room. Additional students can be in groups outside.
• Weight room is to be disinfected at the conclusion of each session. If there is more than one session, it will be disinfected between sessions.
All regulations are subject to change if county, state or federal agencies modify recommendations and guidelines.