(Editor’s note: We have varying opinions this week on the validitiy of passage or disapproval of Amendment No. 2 as a Missouri Constitutional issue being posed to registered voters in the Aug. 4 …
(Editor’s note: We have varying opinions this week on the validitiy of passage or disapproval of Amendment No. 2 as a Missouri Constitutional issue being posed to registered voters in the Aug. 4 Primary Election. How you vote is your decision. If you vote is the question. Here are some of those viewpoints. They are very different. Again, if you chose to vote is the question. The vote is yours).
Please support Compass Health Network’s efforts by voting on August 4th to expand Medicaid in Missouri and increase access to care to 230,000 Missourians in need of medical care.
The research is clear, there are countless reasons to support Yes on 2: Healthcare for Missouri on August 4th:
• Yes on 2 will provide Medicaid Coverage to 230,000 Missourians who have incomes up to $18,000/year if single or $30,000/year for a family of three.
• Yes on 2 will bring more than $1 billion of our federal tax dollars back home to Missouri.
• Yes on 2 will help ensure families can receive care in their communities by bolstering the health care system, keeping rural hospitals open.
• Yes on 2 will support 16,000 new jobs.
• Yes on 2 will reduce state general revenue costs for healthcare services, freeing up at least $100 million in state general revenue that could be used for other services like education.
A recent analysis details broad, statewide economic benefits of expanding Missouri’s Medicaid program. Highlights include an average increase of more than 16,000 new jobs each year, a $2.5 billion increase in economic output annually, a $1.6 billion increase in gross domestic product, and a $1.1 billion increase in personal income each year.
Every vote counts! Your vote counts!
Katrina McDonald Fuller
Executive Vice President of Corporate Services